Seeking a career in engineering and believe you’re a good match for R&S?
Maintenance Electrician - Added 27/11/2019
The role is predominantly site based, carrying out maintenance, inspection, diagnostic and breakdown activities with the occasional requirement to install new or replace old equipment. The role is a key position within the Maintenance Team which is multidiscipline. The candidate will be expected to lead many of the team activities as well as supporting other team members to achieve the team goals. Frequently working alone and acting as first point of contact with the Client, the individual will require an in-depth knowledge of electrical plant and infrastructure as well as a working knowledge of mechanical plant and control systems to meet the daily challenges that will be presented.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Maintain, service and fault finding on a wide range of plant and equipment related to the Building Services Industry including Air Conditioning Plant, Heating Systems, Electrical Infrastructure and Process Equipment.
• Undertake inspection and testing of new and existing installations and complete necessary certification to current IET wiring regulations.
• Carry out electrical installation work efficiently and in accordance with the current IET Wiring Regulations (BS7671) and the construction industry safety regulations.
• Provide on-call cover as per company Policies and Procedures to ensure operational cover is available 24hrs/day on a call out basis.
• Monitor, supervise and coordinate other team members and sub-contractors on specific tasks.
• Maintain documentary records of all work in support of regulatory requirements, company policy and client’s specifications.
• Prepare and implement appropriate working procedures to ensure the provision of comprehensive, documented maintenance program for all equipment maintained including the development of routine instructions, method statements and risk assessments.
• Liaise with the Client, developing clear lines of communication and good customer relationships.
• Supervise and train other team members and Client personnel.
• Support, lead and become involved in various projects undertaken by the company.
• Abide by company safety and environmental procedures and maintain company health and safety standards.
• Registered apprenticeship or equivalent training in electrical maintenance and/or installation work
• Level 3 NVQ in Electro-technical Services or equivalent
• Achievement Measurement 2 (AM2)
• Competence in Inspection and testing (Periodic and Electrical installation) (City and Guilds 2394-01 and 2395-01 or equivalent).
• Basic understanding of HVAC and Mechanical Services.
• English and Maths GCSE grade C or equivalent
• Organisational and planning
• Time management skills and the ability to prioritise work
• Working without immediate supervision
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Problem solving
• Determined, innovative and able to find solutions
• Customer service orientation
• Team work
• Communication skills – verbal and written
• Leadership and coaching skills - supervision and training other operatives
Download full Job Description
Apply for this vacancy